When you are facing divorce and you are over 50, you may be asking yourself, “How is my business and my life going to be impacted?”You are considering some difficult questions:
- How long will I need to continue to work?
- Will I need to pay spousal support to my spouse?
- How long will I need to pay maintenance/alimony to my spouse?
- Will my business or professional practice be affected? Does my business or professional practice have a value? Will my spouse get part of it? Will my business partners be affected?
- How do I value my executive compensation benefits? Do I have to divide stock options and deferred compensation with my spouse?
- What if I – or my spouse – received an inheritance from a parent? I’ve been told those funds are separate property…or are they? What if these funds were a big part of our retirement plan?
- What happens if I lose my job?
- Do I have to pay for life insurance for me? For my spouse?
- Do I get to keep my Social Security benefits?
- What if I get sick? Who is going to take care of me?
- What about my kids? Can I make sure my kids inherit my assets? How do we take care of our child with special needs?
- What will retirement look like? Will my former spouse receive any of my pension benefits? What if I remarry, who is my surviving spouse?
- Do I have to pay my spouse’s legal fees?
The experienced divorce attorneys at Family Law Solutions will help you make a new plan.
Family Law Solutions helps business owners, executives, and professionals like you navigate the complex issues during divorce and putting you in the best position possible during your golden years. Our team can help you:
- Value Your Assets. Including any business interests you may have.
- Understand Your Financial Picture. We’ll work with your financial professionals to take a deep look at your balance sheet, lifestyle, and retirement plan. If you don’t already have the professionals you need, we can make recommendations so you build the right team to determine how your financial future will look.
- Protect Your Retirement and Future. At Family Law Solutions, we don’t believe you should have to give up everything you’ve worked so hard to achieve. We’ll maximize your settlement and minimize your risks so your life – and retirement – is protected.
We can help, give our office a call at (312) 332-1344 and schedule your first confidential consultation. We have two conveniently located offices in Downtown Chicago and Arlington Heights to serve your needs.