Divorce After 50 as a Business Owner, Executive or Professional
When you are facing divorce and you are over 50, you may be asking yourself, “How are my business and my life going to be impacted?”
You are considering some difficult questions:
- How long will I need to continue to work?
- How long will I need to pay maintenance/alimony to my spouse?
- Will my business or professional practice be affected? Does my business or professional practice have a value? Will my spouse get part of it? Will my business partners be affected?
- How do I value my executive compensation benefits? Do I have to divide stock options and deferred compensation with my spouse?
- What if I - or my spouse - received an inheritance from a parent? Those funds are separate property...or are they?
- What happens if I lose my job?
- Do I have to pay for life insurance for me? For my spouse?
- Do I get to keep my Social Security benefits?
- What if I get sick? Who is going to take care of me?
- What about my kids? Can I make sure my kids inherit my assets? How do we take care of our child with special needs?
- What will retirement look like? Will a surviving spouse receive any of my pension benefits?
- Do I have to pay my spouse’s legal fees?
The experienced divorce attorneys at Family Law Solutions, P.C. will help you make a new plan.
Family Law Solutions, P.C. helps business owners, executives, and professionals like you navigate the complex issues during divorce and putting you in the best position possible during your golden years. Our team can help you:
- Understand Your Financial Picture. We’ll work with your financial professionals to take a deep look at your balance sheet, lifestyle, and retirement. If you don’t already have the professionals you need, we can make recommendations so you build the right team to determine how your financial future will look.
- Protect Your Retirement and Future. At Family Law Solutions, P.C., we don’t believe you should have to give up everything you’ve worked so hard to achieve. We’ll maximize your settlement and minimize your risks so your life – and retirement – is protected.
Contact Family Law Solutions, P.C. Today
To contact a gray divorce attorney at Family Law Solutions, P.C., give our office a call at (312) 332-1344 and schedule your first confidential consultation. We have two conveniently located offices in Downtown Chicago and Arlington Heights to serve your needs.
We have two office locations to conveniently serve your needs.
Family Law Solutions, P.C.
180 N. LaSalle St. Suite 3700
Chicago, IL 60601
Family Law Solutions, P.C.
125 S Wilke Rd
Arlington Heights, IL 60005