J. Christopher Johnsen
J. Christopher Johnsen, Partner
Christopher Johnsen approaches family law matters with compassion and experience. Skilled at explaining complex legal issues in a way people can understand, he’s worked for thirteen years to educate clients so they can make choices that provide the best solutions for the future.
He enjoys strategizing to find creative solutions for clients facing unique challenges. In particular, Christopher puts his experience to work helping business owners and entrepreneurs protect their interests during the divorce process. Christopher is admitted to practice before the U.S. Supreme Court.
Prior to joining the team at Family Law Solutions, Christopher was the founding partner at Johnsen Law, LLC. He has also been invited to teach Trial Advocacy at Loyola Law School during his legal career.
His love of teaching and community service is also reflected in his extensive pro bono work. Among other projects, he previously served as a board member with the Minority Legal Education Review and has served as a member of the Diversity Scholarship Foundation Committee since 2017. He has also served on the Illinois Access to Justice Committee and worked with the Legal Assistance Foundation (LAF), and Chicago Volunteer Legal Services (CVLS). Illinoisprobono.org has recognized his accomplishments by naming him “Advocate of the Month.”
When not helping clients or teaching, Christopher enjoys collecting first edition books and racing his motorcycle—but not simultaneously.
- The John Marshall Law School, LLM in Intellectual Property - 2007
- The John Marshall Law School, J.D. - 2007
- DePaul University, B.A. in English and American Studies - 1999
- Illinois Rising Star, Super Lawyers- 2016 – 2019
- Best Under 40, American Institute of Family Law Attorneys- 2016 – 2018
- Top 40 Under 40, American Society of Legal Advocates- 2017 – 2018
Pro Bono Experience and Engagements
- Diversity Scholarship Foundation, Committee Member- 2017 – Present
- Minority Legal Education Review, Tutor Lead 2012 – 2020, Board Member 2016
- Illinois Bar Foundation (IBF), Annual Gala Committee- 2017 – 2018
- Legal Assistance Foundation, pro bono Attorney- 2013 – 2017
- Hillary Clinton Presidential Campaign, Illinois Finance Committee Member- 2016
- Chicago Volunteer Legal Services, pro bono Attorney, 2012 – 2013
- Chicago Bar Association, pro bono Attorney, DUI Summary Suspension Program, 2011 – 2013
- Illinois Access to Justice Committee, Committee Member- 2012
- First Defense Legal Aid, pro bono Attorney, 2011
Find out where you stand. Get a free, personalized welcome pack in minutes.