Divorce After 50 When You are the Spouse of a Business Owner, Executive or Professional
You had a secure plan for your future, but life has changed. If you are the spouse of a business owner, executive, or professional, and you are over 50, you may be asking yourself, “How am I going to live, and what is going to happen to me?”
You are considering some difficult questions:
- What is my realistic earnings capacity? Am I going to have to go back to work? I haven’t worked in decades. Am I going to have to work through retirement?
- Will my property settlement allow me to maintain my current lifestyle? Am I going to need to downsize?
- How do I find someone to help manage my money? How do I do my taxes?
- How am I going to pay for medical insurance? What about long-term-care insurance? Am I even going to qualify on my own? Will my spouse provide life insurance benefits in the event of his or her death?
- How do I get part of my spouse’s pension? What if he/she passes away, will I still get his pension benefits?
- I - or my spouse - received an inheritance. Do we have to split that money? How is that handled as part of the divorce?
- Do I receive Social Security benefits? If so, will the be the same as my spouse?
- What about my kids? Can I make sure my kids inherit my assets? How do we take care of our child with special needs?
- How do we pay for the kids’ college? Is that something I need to budget for?
- Who is going to pay my legal fees?
Family Law Solutions, P.C. will help you make a new plan.
Family Law Solutions, P.C. helps those facing divorce after 50 make this life transition. We understand that conversations surrounding your future might be difficult, but working with our team will bring certainty and stability to your situation. Our divorce lawyers can help you:
- Understand Your Future Financial Picture. Our team of experts can help you understand different scenarios and what money will look like through your golden years. We will also have an estate planner to ensure your family is protected well into the future.
- Find a Solution that Works for You. Our team will assist you to see how we can maximize your assets to support your future lifestyle and structure a settlement to minimize risks to you. Family Law Solutions, P.C. is committed to finding a best-case resolution that frees you from fears or dependence on your ex-spouse.
- Plan for Your Future. We will help you gain financial reassurance in your divorce by allocating retirement accounts and other assets taking into consideration your future lifestyle and helping you stay financially independent from your ex. We may be able to achieve spousal support or alimony, or split your joint property or assets in a way favorable to you.
By working with Family Law Solutions, P.C., you’ll gain the independence and confidence you need going forward into your retirement after divorce.
Contact Family Law Solutions, P.C. Today
To contact a gray divorce attorney at Family Law Solutions, P.C., give our office a call at (312) 332-1344 and schedule your first confidential consultation. We have two conveniently located offices in Downtown Chicago and Arlington Heights to serve your needs.
We have two office locations to conveniently serve your needs.
Family Law Solutions, P.C.
180 N. LaSalle St. Suite 3700
Chicago, IL 60601
Family Law Solutions, P.C.
125 S Wilke Rd
Arlington Heights, IL 60005